Friday, February 4, 2011

First Week of February


I was all excited for February, hoping things would calm down a little. I didn't however expect everything to STOP!!!
The first week of February has been spent shut in our house due to "inclement weather".
Freezing rain, then snow that iced over, and now snow again.
It's been the coldest record in Dallas area in over 15 years.
One day this week was 14 degrees with a wind chill making it feel like -4 degrees. It was so cold and icy that the kids couldn't even go out to enjoy the snow.

They've been home Tuesday - Friday with more snow storms expected next week.
Snow fell again last night and this morning and so today was the first day that they were able to really go out and "play" in the snow. However, it's so powdery and fluffy that they can't even build a snowman. But they still had some fun. For 10 minutes, until it was too cold and they came back in.

2 comments:

  1. I love that they are in pj pants!!! Can't believe it is so cold and snowy there! So sorry the kids have been home cooped up so much! I know how hard that can be! I am very very very glad you are back to blogging! I have missed it and I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE this picture!

    ReplyDelete