Monday, February 28, 2011

February Came and Went

Not a whole lot to report with February. We were crazy busy as usual, but nothing super exciting.
The month started with a week off of school due to the weather. Then another day here and another day there. Our church youth activities were canceled two weeks in a row and even one of our Sunday services were canceled as well.

Other than the snow, this month was full.
Lil M&M won an award for a writing an essay. She won first place for her Elementary Fourth grade class. She is a great writer.

Lil Avestrus won "Most Realistic" for his Pinewood Derby truck.



I made, what seemed like, a bazillion cakes. This one was for New Beginnings.



This Diego cake was for a friends son.



This was for a double birthday. A young boy and a young girl. The snake for the boy and the flowers for the girl.



This one was for fun. Just to try the basket weaving with the icing.



This was a bakugan cake for a friends son. It was awesome.



This was for a baby shower.



Other things this month; church callings, youth activities, New Beginnings, Activity Days, dentist visits, PTA obligations, eye exams (of which Resa is getting new glasses and we are just waiting for them to come in), Valentine's Parties, a new hair color, an overnight trip to Dallas for Charlie and me (celebrating 15 year anniversary of his proposal to me), Baby Ruth's first talk in Primary, illnesses and me signing up to sell Lia Sophia Jewelry. It's been a hectic month. I'm glad that it's over, however, March isn't looking any better.

This month ended with the elementary school's Annual Daddy Daughter Dance. M&M has one more year and then Baby Ruth will have her daddy all to herself for 5 full years. I think she will enjoy those years immensely.

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine your life to be anything BUT busy. :) But I'm glad to hear that you're all doing well. Also, I LOVE the girls' dresses in the last picture. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check you out Miss Baker! Those cakes are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from lisa mann's & wanted to say Thanks for the beautiful cake for my baby shower!! I loved it & was so impressed that it could be beautiful and taste so good. So thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete